Monday, September 04, 2006

SHOCKED

As i logged out of my hotmail, it automatically redirected to sg.msn.com, which showed such a headline:

Australias Crocodile Hunter Killed on Diving Expedition

It turned out to be Steve Irwin, the famous naturalist, who never fail to show up on Animal Planet Australian or conservative wildlife series.

Although i never especially liked his shows, I muz say he is a very captivating person. And when he starts rambling abt the animals behaviours, U can see real passion in his eyes. Somewhat dramatic but u feel sincerity.

Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray's barb, off the coast of Port Douglas, where he had been fliming his latest wildlife series. Although it is extremely sad to hear the news, I somehow find comfort in knowing he was, at least, doing the things he loved.

Although no one of concern (like his family etc) is gonna read this post, I hope his family will find the strength to go on and his children will grow up remembering their father as a passionate naturalist and affable TV presenter.

Life is so unpredictable, I guess everyone should really be doing wad they WANT to do, so that they will not regret it when the moment is over. There were many times i set out to do something, only to give up due to society pressure or monetary reason. I wished I could take time to do voluntary work overseas, help the less-fortunate children, be a paramedic / nurse, backpack around the world to experience vast cultures. But i haben done any of these, because if i do not work, i have no $$ to pay my bills, other jobs pay better and do not require u to be on a 24-hr standby.

I salute Steve Irwin for being so passionate towards nature and hope he rests in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home