Sunday, June 18, 2006

Wonders in a old house

If you have a grandparent, have you ever opened up their wardrobes n drawers to see wad's inside? Have you ever wondered wad they keep and remembered under all that clutter?

Was helping my maternal grand-dad pack his belongings and moving to his new house, the whole of ytd. Had to move coz of the En-bloc scheme by HDB. During the election, I din noe the importance of having lifts on every floor. To me, it was juz an upgrading to improve lives of residents. Only ytd, when i had to help my granddad walk up 1 storey, 2 flights of stairs, with him getting cramps after reaching the 10th floor (from 9th), tad i realised how impt it was for lifts to be on every floor. Although I'm already slightly pro-gahmen, I would still like to say HURRAY to LIFT UPGRADING!!!

Back to the shifting, I was responsible for the clearing of all the cupboards in the room. Found umpteen expired items (med & food stuff), watches (mostly spoilt), jade rings and rings with those big big 'gem' stones and, best find of the day, my mum's old photos (before she was married), her 'man jiang hong' report books and wedding invitation list!!! I also found many many things and photos of my late-grandma, whom i hold dear to my heart. At that moment, i understood y my granddad was apprehensive of moving... Although they din had the smooth wonderful marriage, the house held all the memories of them together, their children getting married, grand children crawling ard the floor when they were learning to walk, struggling with life when my grandma suffered from lung cancer. I was instructed to not bring over my granny's stuff to the new house, but i couldn't bear to throw them (although i threw like 3 bags full of other stuff), so i secretly and quietly pack them into boxes to be brought over to my granddad's new house.

Packed till abt 4pm when the transport pple came to send the boxes over and we brought my granddad to his place. Took...20mins... and the new house was like a street away onli. Had to walk slowly coz he had a fall 2 yrs ago and had difficulty in walking/balancing since den.

Everyone was VV worried he will dislike the new house. Coz my granddad is vv stubborn, if he dun like, everyone would be in big trouble. We also HAD TO move, coz the HDB was already sending letters of possession of the old flats. MY GRANDDAD LURVES HIS NEW HOUSE!!! He was impressed by the interior design (3rd uncle Fa-ge credits), the view (dun play-play, city and river + Nat stadium) and can see MRT. Hehe...onli complain of the day was the room too small. Luckily for us, ytd was NDP rehearsal, so he got to see the parachuting event, which he liked. Comments: ' Wah, ji kuan ming kia mah wu, haha!' As long as he smiled and laugh, everybody is happy.

Whole day so busy, therefore din spend much time with Wiebber. Updates: Cranky boy when we went home to feed him at 7pm b4 going out again, and crankier when we got home at 12am.

Blog credit also goes to TinaorNana for helping with e Tag-board and Mee-Siam for searching for a suitable blogskin. THANKS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home